Different suggestions and useful information, to understand better this sector, and its various fields and why not, try to create your own leather object
Parent Category: Blog and news
Category: Tips and ideas for the manufacturing of leather and hide
Published on Wednesday, 27 January 2016 12:35
Most craftsmen to darken the hide not always use chemical methods.
Our friend Stefano Yogendra Bizzotto, he reveals to us a little trick/technique he has used.
- In a half litre of vinegar put to soak for about twenty days and with thirty rusted nails;
- After the twenty days, filter it all;
- After that go over the hide 3 times with vegetable tanning;
- After the hide is dry, pass over it with water and baking soda, to block the action of the acid and vinegar;
- When it is completely dry, oil well with saddle oil.